Tuesday 30 May 2017

Busy knitting

My young friend Amy's baby is due in August.  She and her husband know if it's a boy or girl but are keeping that secret until baby is born. I wanted to knit a couple of cardigans/hoodies for her and asked for colours. Navy and grey were two of the colours mentioned so here is the cardigan I finished a couple of days ago.


I haven't knitted for a while and decided to buy some new baby patterns.  I have real problems with spacial awareness and found the knitting instructions hard to follow. I knitted the Left front OK but when it came to the Right front and the pattern just said "Reverse instruction of Left front" I got in a mess.  Fortunately one of my Patchwork friends who is an expert knitter came to my aid and I managed to finish it.  Don't think I'll be using this pattern again though!

However, I was pleased with how it turned out.  A hooded jacket is next - a different pattern - which I hope I can cope with.

3 comments:

  1. It looks lovely, Linda and I am sure it will be treasured as handknitted garments are hard to find.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You can't go wrong with navy and grey. It's such a cute cardy!

    ReplyDelete
  3. It looks really cute. I knit both fronts at the same time and same with the sleeves. I don't seem to be able to count the same otherwise. Those colours are great for a boy. Strange request for a girl though.

    ReplyDelete